The First

Hi,
I think that for the first post, I should stick with an introduction and an explanation as to why for me personally, this is a great thrill. Me and my brother, who you will all be introduced to soon, well hopefully. I mean my brother can be a little "independent" sometimes, or at least that's what its called now, when your too smart for high school and so you are sooo bored out of your mind that you sit and stare a computer screen all day or spend hours on your cellphone talking with you friends, but anyway I digress.

My brother and I have some fairly big plans for this blog, besides posting our own thoughts about living in Canada, what it means to be Canadian, and our various political theories and thoughts about life in general, from life in Canada to our big brother in the south, the States.

We also hope to make this a forum of open expression and freedom of speech, something severley restricted in Canada. Ya, I was told that that's what you have to do, be idealistic and unrational to try and get polite society to pay attention. I mean everyone knows that there will be trollers, hate speech, heated rhetoric and the like. I mean who am I kidding, this is the Internet, not exactly known for law and order.

This will also be a place to think aboot (purposely mispelled) Canada in perhaps a different way then you may have thought aboot it previously. Beyond just the quick glance around and saying "hey, there are sure are a lot of maple trees around here." Sorry, bad I know... Yet, we won't just focus on politics, though that will be the primary theme, we will also talk about culture, arts, sports etc. And yes by sports, just as all good Canadians do, I mean Hockey, Hockey and more Hockey, with perhaps a little baseball and football thrown in for good measure.

Yet, I won't lie, me and my brother are capitalists, so the potential money from the site would be a bonus, that we, unlike our leftist friends, can proudly live with. Yes, I do indeed mean friends sincerely.

Anyway, I hope that this gives you some idea of what this blog will be about, and perhaps I have already rattled a few bumpers and shook a few heads as you went for that double-take, but hopefully you will subscribe and this can become a place where you can be informed, share ideas, hear fresh perspectives and this is more my brothers deparment as you saw above, but yes, even have some good old fashioned laughs.

- Corey S.
<THINK ABOOT IT>


Check Out My Brother's Intro by Clicking Here >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment